1 cup castor sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time then stir in vanilla.
3. Combine the sifted flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture in two batches and stirring well by using spatula. Gradually, mix in the milk until smooth.
4. Mix together cocoa powder and water to form paste.
5. Move half of the cupcake mixture into a second bowl and stir in the cocoa mixture, until it is well combined. Scoop the mixture into the prepared tins, filling cups 3/4 full. Repeat with the vanilla cupcake mixture.
6. Bake cupcakes for 25-30 minutes and top with your favorite icing.
|This is how my cupcakes look.|