I'm really excited to post a new recipe which is CHURROS. It has been two weeks since Kakwa and I youtubing the churros recipe and of course there are a lot of version out there.
So, yesterday was the best and stress-free day to make it. We did it in Kakwa's home since she has a lot of baking tools (not related at all to churros) and all of the things I need to buy was.....Cooking chocolate and fresh milk since Kakwa already has the flour, butter and so on. Hehe
Without saying much, let's take a look to the recipe:
1 cup flour (I use wheat flour)
1 cup of water
1 tea spoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of butter
A pinch of salt
Oil for frying
1 cup fresh milk
2 bars of cooking chocolate
1. Combine 1 cup of water and butter in a sauce pan and boil to high heat.
2. Put in 1 cup of flour and a pinch of salt into the pan and use spatula to stir the dough and reduce to low heat and continue to stir like crazy for several minutes.
3. While constantly stirring, remove the heat, put in the vanilla extract and let the dough to cool enough.
4. Heat about 2 inches of oil in a heavy, high-sided pot over a medium-high heat.
5. Next, spoon the dough into a piping bag fitted with a large tip. Squeeze a 3 to 4 inches strip of dough into the oil. You can repeat it to 4 or 5 strips at a time. Fry them until they turn golden brown and transfer them to a plate.
6. Combine 1 cup of fresh milk and 2 bars of cooking chocolate into a sauce pan and let them boil on a medium-slow heat. Stir constantly until the chocolate melt and thick.
7. Serve in your favorite cup or in any small cute jar.
|This is our version of Churros!|